Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Yahoo Mail Home displays Full-page Fastrack Ad [Desperation?]

I visited Yahoo Mail probably after a few months as my amazon account is attached to it and mails come to that email ID. However, I was taken by surprised when the page loaded – I was a bit confused for couple of seconds wondering if I landed on “Yahoo typo” homepage. But that was not true….
Here is the Yahoo Mail Homepage which was presented to me!
Yahoo Homepage Yahoo Mail Home displays Full page Fastrack Ad [Desperation?]
Yahoo Mail had a full homepage advertisement of Indian brand - Fastrack . The ad diverted me to their Facebook page. I am assuming that this ad will be shown only to users from Indian sub-continent and even then Fastrack is guaranteed of hundreds of thousands if not millions of Facebook Fans.
Fastrack being a youth brand, seems to be on a big ad-spending spree just before the Valentines day and this Yahoo homepage mail campaign is a great way of capturing huge number of fans.
However, I am surprised that Yahoo is accepting full homepage ads on probably one of its most popular pages in India – Yahoo Mail.
For me it comes across as a serious sign of desperation – what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment